everything we do (is music): soundscape project

My work in GarageBand.

For my sound piece I experimented in GarageBand with a bunch of different sounds and instruments. I had never worked in GarageBand before, so it was really interesting to get to play with the program and make my own piece of music. I'm also in no way musically inclined, so this project was a little more difficult for me. 

I started out by creating some of my own beats using the musical typing. Once I had a beat I liked I kept adding on from there more and more different sounds. I also listened to a lot of the present loops GarageBand has, and found some that worked pretty well with what I had created so far. The loops really helped to bring the piece together. 

McLuhan says, "the ear is a world of simultaneous relationships," and I really tried to echo that with my piece. By adding in a new sound every few seconds, one on top of the other, to create a multitude of relationships between the sounds all at once (111). 
 














Comments

Popular Posts