final project: a global village

A photograph I took of two people out on a walk by the Fox River.

For my final project I decided to go out and take some more pictures to upload to flickr. I took a walk along by the river, and captured whatever seemed to catch my eye. With this photo set, a theme emerged of people going about their day: taking walks, admiring the scenery, getting some exercise, etc. I also took some pictures of the surroundings. I ended up taking around 100 images, and picked out the ones a liked the best to edit in Photoshop. I fixed up them to look clearer and crisp using different adjustments like brightness/contrast and curves. 

In the Media is the Massage McLuhan says, "we now live in a global village...a simultaneous happening" (63). My photos contrast this, depicting the outdoors and people interacting with nature, not looking down at their smartphones. However, the act of taking the pictures in the first place makes me a participant in McLuhan's "global village." I'm able to capture images instantaneously.  Not only that, but uploading it to flickr, a public, interactive site for sharing photography further immerses me in the "global village."

Comments

  1. Your photos are beautiful. I think we have similar hobbies. I also like nature. I like to go out for a walk when the weather is fine. I like that bridge very much. I shared it with Kepler and once photographed eagles nearby. Nature always surprises me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts