project update no. 1

A photo I took walking back from class the other day.

Progress on my project has been a little slow to start. I've been traveling a lot for away games with my hockey team, and have not been able to photograph as much as I would like to. 

Connecting to Simulations and Jean Baudrillard, I think my photographs are mostly a reflection of basic reality. However, in general photography can mask and pervert the basic reality. Photography is a biased medium, you see what the photographer wants you to see. Things can be cropped and cut out of the frame, or edited to look differently. So in that sense it can mask a basic reality, but I do wish to reflect a basic reality and present the truth through my images. 

I think with the photos I take I will create a Flickr album for each week's images. This way I'll be able to see the different images take each week, improvements, and of course the weather changes. 

Comments

Popular Posts